Ways to Use Hisense TV Without a Remote
Using Hisense TV without a remote control may seem challenging, but it’s not impossible. In this article, we’ll reveal some simple ways to operate your Hisense TV without using a remote controller.
Firstly, locate the control buttons on your Hisense TV. These buttons are usually located at the back of the TV, along with the input ports. Once you locate these buttons, you can power on/off, change channels/volume and access the menu options by using them.
Secondly, consider purchasing a universal remote controller that can operate with your Hisense TV. Universal remote controllers are easily available, and can be programmed to work with any kind of television.
Lastly, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can download the Hisense remote app from the app store, which can turn your mobile device into a remote controller. This app comes with almost all the necessary functions like powering on/off the TV, changing channels/volume and accessing the menu options, hence making it convenient to use.
Additionally, it’s always better to keep your manufacturer’s manual handy to learn more about the control buttons and their functions.
A Hisense TV user once recounted on an online forum how he lost his remote control and had to use the control buttons located at the back of his TV to operate it. Although it took some time getting used to, he eventually gained the hang of it, just in time for him to purchase a universal remote controller.
You never thought you’d use your phone for anything other than scrolling through social media, but now it’s taking over as your Hisense remote.
Use Your Mobile Phone as a Remote
Using your smartphone as a controller for your Hisense TV saves you the inconvenience of misplacing the remote. You have to link your mobile phone with the TV to navigate through channels, access streaming apps or adjust audio.
Here’s how you can use your mobile phone as a remote in four easy steps:
- Download the ‘RemoteNOW’ app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Ensure that your phone and Hisense TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the app and choose your TV model from the list of available devices.
- Voila! You can now control your television just like with a physical remote!
To make this process easier, ensure that both devices are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. Once linked, you can adjust picture modes, mute, operate volume controls, etc. remotely.
With this method, you need not worry about losing remotes. Alternatively, if RemoteNOW isn’t compatible with your device, there are other recommended remote controller apps available – “Smart IR Remote” (only for Android) and “SURE Universal Remote” (for both Android and iOS).
In addition to using these applications, you can connect an HDMI-CEC cable which allows for inter-device communication services between supported electronic devices such as setup boxes and Chromecast.
By using one of these methods or by beginning to rely less on physical remotes altogether, you may help reduce clutter and allow better utilization of space! Why settle for a small screen when you can browse the internet on your Hisense TV using a keyboard or mouse? Go big or go home, right?
Connect a Keyboard or Mouse to Your TV
Connecting a Peripheral Device to Your Hisense TV
To control your Hisense TV, you have the option of using an external input device like a keyboard or mouse. This enables easy navigation and browsing while eliminating the need for a remote control.
Here’s how to connect peripheral devices in four simple steps:
- Ensure that your keyboard or mouse is compatible with your TV. Most models support USB 2.0 devices, but it’s best to verify this information in your user manual.
- Insert the USB connector from the device into one of the available USB ports located at either side or at the back of the TV.
- The peripheral device should be detected automatically by your TV after connecting. If not, go to ‘Settings,’ select ‘Input devices’ and search for available peripherals.
- You can now use the connected device as an alternative input method alongside other remote control options provided by your TV.
Additionally, connecting your Hisense TV to a keyboard provides quick access to browsing features on supported apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
By attaching an external input device such as a keyboard or mouse, you ensure seamless operation of your Hisense TV and enhance overall viewing experience.
Do not miss out on this opportunity to elevate your entertainment system – follow these simple steps and keep up with modern times!
Who needs a remote when you’ve got fingers? Get the most out of your Hisense TV by using the buttons, no batteries required.
Use the Buttons on the TV
Using the TV Remote Control Buttons
To get the most out of your Hisense TV without a remote, you can make use of the various buttons on the television. The buttons are located either on the side or underneath the screen and allow you to perform different functions.
- Power Button – Turns the TV on/off.
- Volume Buttons – Adjusts the sound level higher or lower.
- Channel Buttons – Scans for channels up/down.
- Input Button – Selects and cycles through different input sources.
- Menu/OK Button – Opens up settings and option menus to access advanced features.
If you find yourself without a remote control, remember that these buttons should enable you to watch television without any inconvenience.
Using Your Hisense TV’s Control Panel
In addition to using the television’s remote control buttons, you can also use your Hisense TV’s control panel on frequently accessed options such as power, volume and channels too. Ensure that your control panel is working optimally by wiping it with a clean damp cloth from time to time.
Did you know that Hisense is one of China’s top electronics manufacturers?
Who needs a fancy remote when you can channel your inner wizard with a universal remote and feel like you’re casting spells on your Hisense TV?
Use a Universal Remote
When operating a Hisense TV without a remote, using a universal remote is an excellent option. Here’s how to go about it:
- Purchase a universal remote that is compatible with your TV model.
- Turn on your TV and press the “Set” button on the universal remote until the indicator light flashes.
- Enter the code for your Hisense TV provided in the manual accompanying the universal remote.
- Press the “Power” button on the remote and wait for your TV to turn off.
- Test other functions like volume control, channel selection, and input switching to ensure they work correctly.
- Save your settings by pressing the “Set” button again.
Furthermore, some universal remotes may have an auto-scan option that searches for available channels without having to enter codes manually.
Apart from using a universal remote, you can also operate your Hisense TV through HDMI-CEC or by downloading a smartphone app that acts as a remote control. These options provide more convenience and flexibility in operating your TV remotely.
Consider purchasing an infrared extender if you plan on relying solely on smartphone apps or HDMI-CEC, as this technology requires direct line-of-sight between devices thereby limiting its usage in certain locations.
In summary, using a universal remote provides another way of operating your Hisense TV without any hassle; it requires no technical knowledge and can be set up quickly. Alongside smartphone apps and HDMI-CEC, these options grant users convenient ways of accessing all desired features of their TVs while avoiding physical contact with their devices.
Who needs a remote when you can just talk to your Hisense TV like it’s your personal assistant?
Use Voice Commands
Many Hisense TVs come with a voice recognition feature that allows users to control their TV without using a remote. This feature can be especially helpful for those who have lost or misplaced their remote. Here is how to use this feature:
- Press the “Microphone” button on your TV remote.
- Speak clearly and say your command, such as “turn on the TV“, “change channel to 5“, or “increase volume to 50“.
- Wait for the TV to process your command and carry out the action.
- If your voice is not recognized, try speaking louder or closer to the microphone.
- To turn off voice recognition, simply press the “Microphone” button again.
It is also important to note that some Hisense TVs support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so users can control their TV through their smart speaker devices.
With advancements in technology, using voice commands has become more accessible and convenient for consumers. As such, it’s not surprising that many electronics manufacturers are incorporating this feature into their products.
Looking back at history, voice recognition technology was first introduced in the 1950s with IBM’s ‘Shoebox’ machine that could recognize digits spoken by a single voice. However, it wasn’t until the late 1990s when it became mainstream with companies like Motorola introducing it into their mobile phones. Over time, it has become more accurate and intuitive, making it an asset in today’s digital age where people seek ease and simplicity in their daily activities.
Why bother talking to your significant other when you can just ask your smart home assistant to turn on the Hisense TV for you?
Connect to Your Smart Home Assistant
Connecting your Hisense TV to your smart home assistant can enhance your viewing experience by allowing you to control your television with voice commands.
Here is a five-step guide on how to connect to your smart home assistant:
- Ensure that both your TV and smart home assistant are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the settings menu on your Hisense TV and select ‘network.’
- Select ‘Amazon Alexa’ or ‘Google Assistant’ depending on which smart home assistant you use.
- Follow the prompts to sign in to your Amazon or Google account.
- You can now use voice commands via your smart home assistant to control your Hisense TV.
It is important to note that only certain models of Hisense TVs are compatible with smart home assistants, so check if yours is before attempting this method.
Another thing to keep in mind is that while connecting to a smart home assistant may provide convenience, it also poses potential security risks since it allows access from external devices. Make sure you take steps to secure both your TV and Wi-Fi network.
Don’t miss out on the convenience of using your voice commands with a smart home assistant. Follow these steps and enjoy hands-free control over your Hisense TV.
Who needs a remote when you can control your Hisense TV with just a HDMI cable and your mind… or at least your fingertips?
Use HDMI-CEC Control
Using the TV’s HDMI-CEC functionality offers an easy way to operate a Hisense TV without a remote. By connecting compatible devices with HDMI, users can control the TV through one remote.
|Use HDMI-CEC Control|
|1. Connect HDMI devices|
|2. Press “Menu” button|
|3. Select “System”|
|4. Enable “Control other devices”|
Furthermore, users can change inputs and volume levels with their connected device remotes. This approach is ideal when the remote goes missing or is broken.
Pro Tip: Confirm the compatibility between TV devices before using HDMI-CEC for full functionality and a seamless viewing experience.
Who needs a remote when you can have the power of the force and use an IR blaster to control your Hisense TV?
Use an IR Blaster
Using the Infrared (IR) blaster enables you to control your Hisense TV without a remote. Follow these 6 simple steps for a smooth experience:
- Make sure your smartphone has an IR emitter, if not, purchase an external one.
- Download and install any IR remote app of your choice from the AppStore or Google Play Store.
- Open the app on your phone and follow the guided instructions to connect it with your Hisense TV.
- The app will prompt you to input your TV brand name and model number. Verify that the information provided is correct before proceeding.
- Test if the connection was successful by selecting any button command on your smartphone’s app, such as volume up or channel selection.
- If all is well, then you can now use your smartphone as a remote control for your Hisense TV using IR Blaster feature.
It is worth mentioning that this method may work better in well-lit rooms as it relies on transmitting infrared signals that may be partially blocked by objects in poorly lit areas.
If this approach doesn’t meet all of your requirements, then another viable option would be connecting devices such as a gaming console or laptop to your Hisense TV using HDMI cables.
A friend once shared a story about how he accidentally broke his remote while moving apartments. Initially panicking at first, he resorted to using his mobile device as an IR blaster to control his Hisense TV and it worked flawlessly. He never found the need to buy another remote because he already had what he needed – his trusty phone and some cool tech know-how that came in handy when least expected!
Who says gaming is a waste of time? Get double the fun by using your game controller as a TV remote!
Use a Game Controller as a Remote
Using a gaming controller as an alternative to a remote for your Hisense TV can be a convenient solution. This feature can benefit you if the original remote has been misplaced, damaged or stopped working. Below are three simple steps to use a gaming controller as the remote for your Hisense TV.
- Press and hold the PlayStation or Xbox button to turn on your gaming controller.
- Press and hold the ‘Input’ and ‘Home’ buttons simultaneously until the red LED light starts flashing on top of your gaming controller.
- Use the direction arrows and other relevant buttons on the gaming controller to navigate through different channels, content selections or settings.
In addition, you can also use voice recognition features available on some gaming controllers to give commands or control volume.
Did you know there have been reports that suggest modern-day hackers can gain access to smart TVs such as Hisense models by exploiting vulnerabilities in their Remotes?
Who needs to leave the couch to find the remote when you can just stay seated and let technology do the work with a third-party remote app?
Install a Third-Party Remote App.
To use your Hisense TV without a remote, it is recommended to install a third-party remote app. This alternative provides convenience and cost-effectiveness for users who may have lost or misplaced their original remote.
To install a third-party remote app on your Hisense TV, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Access the app store of your smart TV.
- Search for and download a reputable third-party remote app such as the Roku Remote Control or Universal TV Remote Control.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app to pair it with your Hisense TV and begin using it as an alternative to your original remote.
It is important to note that you should ensure the compatibility of any third-party remote app before downloading and installing it on your Hisense TV. Moreover, some third-party apps may require additional set-up steps, including connecting via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Pro Tip: Some smart TVs also support voice-activated controls that eliminate the need for a physical remote. Consider exploring this option if compatible with your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I turn my Hisense TV on without a remote?
A: There should be a power button on the TV itself that you can press to turn it on.
Q: How do I change channels on my Hisense TV if I don’t have a remote?
A: You can often change channels using the buttons on the TV itself, usually labeled with numbers or arrows.
Q: Is there a way to adjust the volume on a Hisense TV without a remote?
A: Yes, there should be volume buttons on the TV as well that will allow you to adjust the sound.
Q: Can I access the menu on my Hisense TV without a remote?
A: Yes, there should be a button on the TV that allows you to access the menu and adjust settings.
Q: What if my Hisense TV doesn’t have any buttons on it?
A: In this case, you may need to purchase a compatible universal remote to use with your TV.
Q: Can I connect my phone or tablet to my Hisense TV without a remote?
A: Some Hisense TVs have built-in Wi-Fi and can be connected to your phone or tablet through an app, but you will likely need a remote to initially set up the TV’s Wi-Fi capabilities.
Leave a Reply